In-Home Senior Services Inc. was established in 1994 by Anita Francoeur as a private agency to provide in-home care and personal-care services that contribute to the overall well-being of senior citizens and their families. She retired in 2015, and the company is now owned by Kathleen Candage and Theresa Norton. The In-Home Senior Services mission is to enable people to stay in their own homes as an alternative to nursing homes or life-care housing programs.
In-Home Senior Services emphasizes a continuing commitment to high-quality, compassionate, in-home care services. These services include a constant recognition of the dignity, independence and individuality of each person served. Our staff understands the needs and desires of our clients and we adhere to them as closely as possible.
We are community oriented and work closely with various organizations such as the Alzheimer's Association, Southern Maine Agency on Aging, community hospitals and home health agencies, hospice and elder attorneys and doctors, to mention a few.
Our services are paid for by private pay, MaineCare, Veterans Administration, and long-term care insurance policies.
We take great pride in the level of care we offer our clients. Our greatest achievement is when our clients welcome their caregiver into their homes and treat them like family. We’re the area’s premier home-care provider because we offer:
- Accountability. The owners are in the store. Actual people answer the phone.
- Buy local. It’s locally owned and women owned.
- Flexibility. Clients have a broad range of options in the hours of service they want to schedule and the type services. Rates mostly stay the same days, nights and weekends. And there’s no upcharge for minimum hours.
- Longevity. In-Home Senior Services is among the first in area to do this type of work and has been in business nearly 25 years.
- Reputation. Through both written endorsements and word-of-mouth, In-Home Senior Services families offer up praise for the company’s attentive, personal and compassionate service. In-Home Senior Services also maintains an outstanding reputation among professionals such as social workers and discharge planners.
- Professionalism. A registered nurse on staff visits homes and creates a care plan for each client with the goal to keep each person safe and healthy at home.
- Professional development. Employees receive the highest-quality, state-certified training.